Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

It certainly doesn't feel like spring here. We would love to get outside and play and plant in the garden, but it has been rainy and there is a possibility of snow again this weekend. I had to resort to buying daffodils. I love the rain boot vase, very fitting.
I made these little pipe cleaner flowers for Lovey to take to his teachers. I think Lovey and I might make some more today, because they are very simple to make.

You need 2 red (or any color you choose) pipe cleaners and 1 green pipe cleaner. Make a small loop in one red pipe cleaner and twist.
Make two more loops, twisting after each one. This should leave a small tail.
Do the same with the second red pipe cleaner. Use the one of the tails to twist the two together. Use the second small tail to twist onto the green pipe cleaner. Make a loop in the middle of the green pipe cleaner for a leaf and you are finished. Make a whole bouquet and give it away for May Day!

No comments: