Yesterday we woke up to snow. Today it was rainy and windy. While other parts of the country are getting ready for spring, only a few days away, I'm still fixing winter, warm-you-up, comfort food.
Tonight we had beef and vegetable soup with dumplings. Soup sounded so good on a rainy, windy day. The soup bones were not as meaty as ones we have had in the past, so this was very heavy on the vegetables and the dumplings. Cornbread muffins with honey rounded out the meal. Lovey devoured four muffins! He seriously inhaled them.
The rain is supposed to continue, so tomorrow is Lazy Lasagna. I'm not a huge lasagna fan and maybe that is because I really don't care for marinara sauce (although I do like mine). I like Lazy Lasagna though because it is easy and fast to put together, costs very little, and makes two. This way I get to put one in the freezer for later. I just buy a large tub of cottage cheese at Costco, mozzarella, no boil lasagna noodles, and two jars of sauce. Okay, I make my own sauce and store it in the freezer, but if you don't it is about two jars. Put a little sauce in the bottom of the pan, layer with noodles, cottage cheese, sauce, mozzarella and repeat. I usually do two or three layers. Then either bake covered with foil at 350 for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes with the foil off or freeze to enjoy later.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment