Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Travel Tic Tac Toe

Very good friends of ours are moving to another state. I wanted to do something for them for the long car ride ahead so I made little packages for each of the kids. I also made the girls a travel tic tac toe game. I made it up as I went a long, but I like the way it turned out and now I need to make one for Lovey.



This is the game board. I used white felt and sewed on ribbon. I made the pieces out fo felt so that it would stick together in the car.

This is the back of the game board with two pockets to hold the X and O pieces.


It rolls up with the pieces on the inside and ties with a ribbon. Hopefully it won't take up too much room in their car and will entertain the girls for awhile.

I've linked this to DIY day on ASPTL and

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute! What a great idea.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

This is such a great idea! i love it! I am going to feature this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com in a few days. Grab my "featured" button.

The House Creative said...

great idea! LOVE it! I am so going to copy you. :-)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

This is a fantastic idea! My kiddos love tic tac toe and this is great!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

so cute and thoughtful!
gail