Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sand in my dryer

I can't believe that it is summer vacation already. I'm not ready to be home all day with both kids. We'll see how many activities I can dream up. The never ending question of "What are we going to do tomorrow?" has already started.

Even though it is vacation, I still have chores and today is no exception. On my list today was washing all of the linens, but as I was taking out the jeans from the day before to fold, I discovered a dryer full of sand. Hmmm.... a certain little boy's pants must have been full of sand after playing in the sandbox. Despite my vacuuming and general clean up, I still hear sand when I start up the dryer. Aaargghhh... (This after I just picked Kleenex remnants off of another load. I feel like a broken record about emptying pants pockets. Like father, like son though, as his dad left the garage door opener in his pocket one time and we washed it.) How can I be mad at my lovey though when the same little boy asked me to pick him up and when I did he looked at me and said, "Momma, I like loving you." Ah, melt my heart.

No comments: